Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weekend Trip to Prague




One of my favorite things to do is going on weekend trips. It could be somewhere close by, or in a totally different country. Two weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to find car-share rides (using blablacar) to and from Prague, so my friend Philip and I visited the city for two nights.

Night time in Prague :)
We left on Friday morning, and arrived at around 6pm. The traffic jam was truly horrific; it took us about 30 minutes to go about 1.5km. I guess we could have simply walked out of the car, too. S:

During the first night in Prague, we saw the city in its most beautiful form. The nightscape in Prague is amazing, and since most tourists are gone, the eerie emptiness of the path on the way to the castle was quite memorable.
Brick roads are my favorite
There are quite a few things to see in the city, but mostly, the castle and Karluv Most (Charles' Bridge) are the two main attractions. There are many street vendors on the bridge, and street music is prevalent. The city's huge canal divides the city in two, and it's mostly the castle side that has more 'touristy' attractions.

This magnificent overview of the city is from near the Temple
Czech food is amazing, too! I had about two dishes of Goulash in a single day :D
Don't forget to Czech out their beer, too!
I love panorama <3
I rate Prague 9/10 for its cheap and delicious food, and amazing scenery. The score of 10 is reserved for Venice (<3) for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment